Return latitudes of maximum values

From: David Wang <dw2116_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jul 13 2014 - 20:33:21 MDT

Hi,
I have a two-dimensional array of latitude and time, and I'd like to find=
 the latitude of the maximum value in the latitudinal dimension at each tim=
e point, resulting in a one-dimensional time series of latitude. I found =
the closest function for such a task is maxind, which however only takes =
a 1-d array. I wonder if there is a function that takes a multi-dimensional=
 array (BTW, in FERRET it's the @loc operation). I'm fairly new to NCL an=
d might miss the obvious.
Thanks,David =