Re: error month_to_seasonN

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 16 2014 - 12:36:28 MDT

[1]
The array you are inputting is rank 4 with dimensions
(ncl_join,time,lat,lon)

[ncl_join | 25] x [time | 12] x [LAT | 224] x [LON | 256]

[2]
The documentation for the month_to_seasonN states the following:

*xMon*

A one-, three-, or four-dimensional array (*xMon*(time) or *xMon*(time,lat,=
lon)
or *xMon*(time,lev,lat,lon) of any numeric type.

*xMon* must have named dimensions and the time (leftmost) dimension must be
divisible by 12. The data are assumed to be monthly mean data and the first
record is assumed to be January.

[3]

Hence, your variable does *not* adhere to the documentation. The function
*requires* 'time' to be the leftmost dimension. In your case. it is not!

====

I do not know why you used

   ListSetType(f,"join")

Delete this line and try.