natgrids routine question

From: Matt Fearon (matthew.fearon AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 16:28:21 MST

    Dear NCL users:

    I am working with model output that is on a rotated lat/lon
    grid. In order view the output of a particular variable
    on a normal rectangular grid, I am have using the lat/lon
    values for each grid point and the natgrids routine to
    regrid the rotated data. This working great so far.
    However, the grid I am working with is 145 x 145 and
    this process can take a few minutes to do, especially
    when working with multiple variables and levels. This
    brings up my question.

    I was wondering if the natgrid routine is applied to one
    variable, can the interpolation adjustment computed at
    each grid point be applied to another variable ? I was
    wondering if there is way export the interpolation factors
    at each grid point to a file ? If I could retrieve the
    interpolation adjustments at each point, I could then
    apply them to my original lat/lon values at each point.
    I would just like to be able to do this so I could store
    my data regridded and not have to use natgrid each
    time I plot a variable.

    Sorry if my wording is confusing. Any suggestions
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Matt Fearon