NCAR's EOF functions

From: Jiming Jin (jjm AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 16:01:41 MDT

    Dear Colleagues,

     I am confused about how to use those EOF functions posted on NCAR's web
    page 'http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng4.1/ref/ncl/functions' such as
    'eofcov','eofcov_ts','eof_varimax',... Actually my question is very
    simple. For example, I have a set of one-dimensional time series data and
    would like to get the first ten(or more) principal component time series
    data and their corresponding variances based on the original data set.
    Could someone give me any suggestion or help about how to use those
    functions or what else to process the time series data. Thank you very
    much!

    My best regards,

    Jiming Jin