Re: axis label control using gsn_csm_contour_map

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 09:15:13 MDT

    > Dear NCL users:
    >
    > I am having trouble controling the display of longitude labels on a
    > map for data I plot. I had this trouble before and I was able to
    > remedy it by setting tickmark resources. I have recently upgraded
    > from NCL 4.2.0.a014 to 4.2.0.a018 and now my troubles are back.
    > Due to some other trouble I had with gsn_code.ncl and gsn_csm.ncl
    > supplied in version a018, I retrieved the latest versions of these.
    >
    > I have attached my ncl script below. The data plots fine. However,
    > I cannot control the XB labeling using tmXBTickSpacingF (note
    > I have this commented out). If I try to set this resource, I receive
    > the following errors;
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > Thank you,
    > Matt
    > matthew.fearon@yale.edu

    The gsn_csm* routines for drawing cylindrical equidistant maps and
    labeling them with "nice" labels like "90E" and "60N" currently only
    accept "LatLon" as a value for the mpLimitMode resource. They don't
    give you an error mesasge if you try to use a different value.

    Matt needed to use a value of "Corners" for mpLimitMode, so we added
    this as a recognized resource value for mpLimitMode. He was able to
    then set tmXBTickSpacingF to 1 to get a spacing of 1 degree.

    These modified scripts will be available in the next minor release of
    NCL, probably in a few weeks. If you need them sooner, send me email.

    Cheers,

    --Mary
    haley@ucar.edu