Re: inverting the label bar color spread

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 14:23:53 MDT

    > Dear NCL Users:
    >
    > I was wondering if there is an easy way to invert the label bar
    > color spread. For example if I choose the gui default label bar
    > for my color fill, the default color spread is blue to red or cool
    > to warm. Is there a way to invert the color spread so that it
    > goes from red to blue or warm to cool ? I have attempt using
    > a combination of following resources;
    >
    > gsnSpreadColors = True
    > gsnSpreadColorsStart =
    > gsnSpreadColorsEnd =
    >
    > but I have yet to reverse the color scheme. Any suggestions
    > would be greatly appreciated.

    You can still do it the previous way I mentioned, by reversing
    your color map.

    Or, you can download the latest gsn_code.ncl/gsn_csm.ncl (after
    Tuesday July 24) and then swap the indices for gsnSpreadColorsStart
    and gsnSpreadColorsEnd.

    For example, if you want your filled contours to span from the last
    color in the color table to the 5th color in the color map, you would
    do the following:

     gsnSpreadColors = True
     gsnSpreadColorsStart = -1
     gsnSpreadColorsEnd = 5

    gsn_code.ncl and gsn_csm.ncl are available from:

      http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/Scripts/gsn_code.ncl
      http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/Scripts/gsn_csm.ncl

    They will be updated on Wednesday, July 25th, or you can email me
    privately and I will mail you the new scripts directly.

    Cheers,

    --Mary