Re: warning question

From: Dave Brown (dbrown AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 14:04:59 MDT

> Dear NCL users:
>
> I keep receiving the following warning messages;
>
> warning:_NhlSetValues:wkOrientation does not have "S" access
> warning:_NhlSetValues:wkDeviceLowerX does not have "S" access
> warning:_NhlSetValues:wkDeviceLowerY does not have "S" access
> warning:_NhlSetValues:wkDeviceUpperX does not have "S" access
> warning:_NhlSetValues:wkDeviceUpperY does not have "S" access
>
> These seem to occur when I try to set the wkOrientation. My
> output images do not seem to be maximizing. What might these
> warnings being suggesting. Seems to be related to the plot
> maximizing.
>
> I attach a portion of my script below. Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Matt

These messages mean that the named resources cannot be modified in
a setvalues call, i.e. they can only be set when creating the
PostScript workstation. But they also mean that you are using an
out-of-date version of ncl. The restriction against setting these
5 resources was removed in February of this year. You need to update your
version of ncl.
 -Dave Brown
 dbrown@ucar.edu