Re: vector plot problem

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 17:07:08 MDT

    > Dear NCL users:
    >
    > I encountered a weird scaling problem with Y axis when trying to
    > do a vector (longitude height) plot. The trouble seems to be linked
    > to the vfYarray, as when I use this resource to label my Y axis,
    > a large scaling of the Y axis occurs and my plotted wind vectors
    > are squished down incorrectly. I attached my script below. Has
    > anyone had a Y axis scaling problem when doing a vector plot
    > using vfYArray ?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Matt

    > cvvvv!1="Height"
    > cvvvv&Height=clevels
    > cvvvv!2="Lat"
    > cvvvv&Lat=clat(:,100)
    >
    > cwwww!1="Height"
    > cwwww&Height=clevels
    > cwwww!2="Lat"
    > cwwww&Lat=clat(:,100)

    Matt,

    Since you have already taken the time to set up your coordinate arrays
    as in your code snippet above, you shouldn't need to set vfXArray or
    vfYArray. The gsn_csm_vector routine will check to see if your
    coordinate arrays are set, and if so, it will use them to create the
    axes for the plot.

    Try commenting out:

     res@vfXArray = clat(30:190:10,100)
     res@vfYArray = clevels