NCL code for station model plots?

From: Eric M. Kemp (ekemp AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 09:24:50 MST

Hello,

I would like to use NCL to overlay observations on cross-sections of
model data. I know that NCAR Graphics has a subroutine call (WMSTNM) to
plot different elements of a station model, but it is not clear to me if
that call is accessible from NCL. Is is possible to use this routine in
NCL, or are there any NCL library calls that emulate WMSTNM? If
worst comes to worst, I can use the NCL WMBARB call to plot the wind barb
and then plot temperature, dew point, etc. separately, but I'd still like
to plot cloud cover and current weather. Plots of icing and turbulence
severity would be an added bonus.

Thanks,

-Eric

Eric M. Kemp E-Mail: ekemp@ou.edu
Research Scientist Phone: (405) 325-7992
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms FAX: (405) 325-7614
The University of Oklahoma http://caps.ou.edu/~ekemp