text function code

From: Matt Fearon (matthew.fearon AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 11:13:26 MST

    Dear NCL users:

    I am trying to do something quite simple using text function code.
    I would like to write: 10 superscript 12 using gsn_text_ndc

    Here is what I am trying now and it is not working;
    gsn_text_ndc(wks,"10:S:12",0.08,0.53,txres)

    Everything is being treated as characters to be drawn. The :S: is
    not be treated as function code ? I am using the latest version
    of NCL. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Matt