Re: external functions on IBM AIX

From: Cheung Ping (picheung AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 18:45:57 MST

    Great great great great Mary, it worked wonderfully now !!

    Yeah, I can see heaven !

    Now our scripts worked just as smooth as they were. BTW, one of my colleague
    who is testing WRF model used to have problems in running the plotting
    program wrf_plot_ncl on IBM, now it also worked! Thanks a million thanks.

    -- Cheung Ping

    p.s. I MUST add the " -lxlf90 -lm -lc" option to the
    "ld -G -bnoentry -bexpall ..." line in the WRAPIT script in order to make
    the shared library work (it contains IO and math functions). It seems that
    the adding them to the "nhlcc" line is no enough. If I left the "ld" line
    intact, there will be strange warnings on .savef28, .mulh .... etc. I also
    MUST use the xlf90 compiler but not the xlf one.