Re: Contouring in NCL with terrain-following coordinates

From: Sylvia Murphy (murphys AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 09:38:05 MST

    eric,

    this issue is now at the top of the queue. Unfortunately, we have no completion
    date from the NCL developers b/c they do not know how difficult this will
    be until they get in there and start mucking around. There are several tasks
    at hand:

    1) Create a whole new class of objects that can handle 2d coordinates, and then
    integrate those into present objects.

    2) Adjust all the graphics to accept 2D coordinates, this includes contours and
    vectors which are different beasts.

    The entire NCL team is working on this integration. Step 1 can only be
    accomplished by ethan, and for the next few years, he is authorized to only
    spend 25% of his time on NCL. NCL is a non-funded requirement.

    I will forward your note to the head of the team. I like to remind him from
    time to time just how many people are clamering for this capability.

    cheers

    sylvia

    Sylvia Murphy EML: murphys@ucar.edu
    NCAR CGD/CAS PHN: 303-497-1720