Re: shared objects on OS X

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 13:52:20 MST

    > I've got ncl for OS X (with the gnu tools) installed. Using this little
    > fortran program
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > I ran "wrapit77 < erfc.f > erfc_W.c", then
    >
    > g77 -O -c -fno-common erfc.f
    > cc -O -c -fno-common erfc_W.c
    > cc -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -o erfc.so erfc.o erfc_W.o
    >
    > However, this is the error message ncl produces when I try to load the
    > shared object:
    >
    > ncl 0> external ERFC"./erfc.so"
    > warning:Could not find Init() in external file ./erfc.so, file not loaded
    >
    > "void Init(void)" does exist in erfc_W.c.
    > Does anyone have an idea what this means?
    >
    > -Jeff

    Hi Jeff,

    I know what's causing the error message, but I'm not sure why because
    you are doing everything right, as far as I can tell. I have an email
    out to a MacOSX UNIX porting group to see if there's an option that I
    need to include when I build the NCL executable.

    I'll keep the group posted about what I learn.

    --Mary