Re: ExplicitLegendLabels

From: Joel Norris (jnorris AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 13:06:54 MDT

Try delete(res@xyExplicitLegendLabels) before reassignment.

> Hi ncl group:
>
> I am making multi-line plots of groups of fields, e.g., one frame
> might have 4 curves of different temperature fields, another frame
> might have 3 species densities, etc.
>
> I am plotting in a loop of field groups, with a different legend for
> each group using res@xyExplicitLegendLabels = groups(0:nflds-1,ng)
> where groups is a list of field names for each group, nflds is the number
> of fields (curves) in group index ng.
>
> The first group (ng==0) plots fine, but the second group has a different
> number of fields to plot, and this confuses the legendlables resource:
>
> fatal:Dimension size of attribute and right-hand side of assignment do not match
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 263
>
> I think this error is referring to the legendlabels resource setting above,
> the second time through the loop, where the number of fields has changed.
> How should I reset this resource? Thanks,
>
> --Ben

NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS:  jnorris@ucsd.edu (no "r")

Joel Norris Assistant Professor of Climate and Atmospheric Sciences

Scripps Institution of Oceanography email: jnorris@ucsd.edu University of California, San Diego phone: (858) 822-4420 9500 Gilman Drive DEPT 0224 fax: (858) 534-8561 La Jolla, CA 92093-0224 http://meteora.ucsd.edu/~jnorris/

Delivery Address: Scripps Institution of Oceanography 8810 Shellback Way Room 440, Nierenberg Hall La Jolla, CA 92037