Re: time dimension

From: ENOMOTO Takeshi (enomoto.takeshi AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 22:20:08 MDT

    Hi Mary,

    time dimension:

    Thank you very much for a thorough explanation with an example.
    I think you answered all the questions I posed since the template
    does not involve udunits if it does not scale time automatically.

    Mac OS X:

    I'm excited to hear that you made shared libraries work with ncl
    on Mac OS X. I think it is reasonable to prepend an underscore
    on the ncl side. However, I don't see why an underscore is not
    prepended (suppressed?) when building ncl. I believe gcc usually
    put an underscore to a function name. This appears to be the case
    on IRIX as well.

    Large files:

    I could find a large file but the size would be a matter.
    Moreover we have not yet used netCDF to create a large file.
    You might like to find one at your institution.

    Best wishes,

    Takeshi
    -----
    ENOMOTO, Takeshi, Dr
    enomoto.takeshi@nasda.go.jp
    Frontier Research System for Global Change