Re: Masking out line plots with markers of _FillValue...

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 08:47:48 MDT

    > All
    >
    > I'm working on some simple line-plots where
    > some of the Y-values are set to _FillValue. The lines
    > themselves don't plot the _FillValue's, but when
    > I turn Markers on (with xyMarkLineModes, xyMarkerColors, and
    > xyMarkers), the markers plot the points set to
    > _FillValue as well.
    >
    > Is there any way to use Markers but have the
    > _FillValue points not plotted?
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Erik Kluzek, (CGD at NCAR)
    > Boulder CO, (off) (303)497-1326 (fax) (303)497-1324
    > --------- Home page and public PGP key---------------
    > http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/~erik

    Erik,

    It shouldn't matter whether you are plotting lines, markers, or both
    markers and lines, no lines or markers should be plotted at _FillValue
    locations. As a test, run this little script and let me know if it
    is plotting the _FillValue values:

    load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"

    begin
      wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","test")

      x = ispan(0,100,1)
      y = sin(.0628*x)