The spammers have found us!

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 13:49:26 MDT

Well, folks, it looks like the spammers have found ncl-talk. We've
done pretty good so far, but now they are starting to slip in.

We may need to go to an "approval" type of mailing list, where myself
or somebody else has to approve each message that gets posted to
ncl-talk. The downside to this is that your message won't get posted
right away if there's not somebody around to approve it.

If it's okay, I'd like to give it a few more days before I take this
approach, and see how many more spams we get.

Please hang in there and know that we will deal with this problem if
it gets out-of-hand.

--Mary Haley