Re: Plotting grid on map without long-lat coordinates

From: Sylvia Murphy (murphys AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 09:32:04 MDT

    heiko,

    mpGridAndLimbOn=True should turn on the lat/lon lines. You can see other
    resources to modify your map at:

    http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ref/hlu/obj/MapPlot.res.html#mpGeophysicalLineColor

    i believe mary turns off this resource in the gsn-csm templates, so even
    though the default indicates true, you may need to explicitly set it.

    a full list of resources pages by type is at:
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/resource_index.shtml
    the resources i use in the web site are at the top and master pages are
    lower down(scroll).

    I don't fully understand your tickmark question. are you not getting
    longitude tickmarks? If you are looking to explicitly change tickmarks
    from longitude to something else, then you should examine
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/line.shtml#ex2

    as for your projection not perfectly lining up, you are going to just have
    to play with the values of centerlon and centerlat in order to get it
    correct. that is all we could do. this is another example, of why you have
    to have very explicit info with native grid projections in order to plot
    them correctly. unfortunately, many users get models w/o this info and the
    originators of the model can be less than helpful.

    sylvia

    Sylvia Murphy EML: murphys@ucar.edu
    NCAR CGD/CAS PHN: 303-497-1720
    1850 Table Mesa Dr FAX: 303-497-1333