Re: Plotting curvi linear grids

From: Dave Brown (dbrown AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 12:47:05 MDT

    On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Mary Haley wrote:

    > 5) I set "lbLabelStride" to 2 so that the labelbar labels don't run
    > into each other.

    Small suggestion here: I would recommend that people become familiar
    with the new LabelBar resource, "lbLabelAutoStride".

    http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng4.1/ref/hlu/obj/LabelBar.res.html#lbLabelAutoStride

    It automatically sets the stride such that labels do not overlap, and
    furthermore it tries to pick the "roundest" label value for the stride
    origin and then strides in both directions. Hopefully, this should
    result in a better looking and easier to read set of labels than
    what is generated by setting "lbLabelStride". Note that to use this
    you need to set "lbAutoManage" to False. The stride value will
    then vary depending on the setting of "lbLabelFontHeightF".
     -dave
     dbrown@ucar.edu