(no subject)

From: Karsten Bolding (karsten.bolding AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 01:57:02 MDT

    Hello Mary, Sylvia and Dennis

    I'm impressed by your responsiveness (is that an english word).

    Friday evening I wrote an in depth response to you concerning the
    curvi-linear grid - and then the power went and so did my computer
    (until the power came back). Short version is that it also works for me
    now...

    The errors I experienced was actually MY OWN fault - I use the following
    scheme for ncl (and other software packages as well)

    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Oct 11 17:28 ncarg ->
    ncarg-4.3.0/
    drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 May 15 07:35 ncarg-4.2.2/
    drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Oct 11 17:27 ncarg-4.2.3/
    drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Oct 11 09:03 ncarg-4.3.0/

    Installing a new version is very easy since nobody has to change any
    scripts or environment variables - NCARG_ROOT is always /opt/ncarg and
    if you (may it never happen) release a buggy version reverting to a safe
    version is just changing the symlink.

    I actually forgot to update the symlink.

    By the way - Mary wrote I should have version 1.93 and 1.105 of
    gsn_code.ncl and gsn_csm.ncl - somehow I made it ahead of you since I
    actually have 1.94 and 1.106

    Last thing for you Sylvia - Karsten is actually a male name - but also
    when I started her a JRC the secretary was surprised to see a male and
    not a female entering the door.

    Yours
    Karsten

    Karsten Bolding,                        Phone: +39 0332 789204
    Inland and Marine Waters Unit, TP272    FAX:   +39 0332 789034
    CEC - Joint Research Centre, ISPRA
    I-21020 Ispra(VA) - Italy               E-mail: karsten.bolding@jrc.it