Re: hilo symbols and values and clipping at boundaries

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 12:20:53 MST

    > Hi,
    >
    > I do contour plots of some fields, with hilo symbols with values.
    > Sometimes, these hilo symbols and their values are drawn outside my
    > plot boundaries, resulting in an image which is not exactly the same
    > size in pixels, which is annoying since I must do an animation. Is
    > there any way to clip these at the boundary?

    Have you tried the "cnHighLowLabelOverlapMode" resource, documented at:

      http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ref/hlu/obj/ContourPlot.res.html#cnHighLowLabelOverlapMode

    This resource offers different options to control what the high/low labels
    are allowed to overlap. You might try a setting of "OmitOverVP" or
    "AdjustVP".

    > BTW, is there any way to work in pixels instead of the generic NCAR
    > coordinates?

    No, there is no way to control individual pixels in NCL. Image
    manipulation on this level would need to take place after NCL creates
    your plot.

    --Mary