Re: aspect ratio of paneled contour plots

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 18:10:17 MST

    > Hi Keith
    >
    > The CSM Support URL / Graphics has an example. There is a
    > resource called freeAspect or some such thing that
    > allows u to control the aspect ratio. I am at
    > a mtg but Sylvia can point u toward
    > the appropriate example.

    The "some such thing" is a resource called "mpShapeMode", and you can
    set it to "FreeAspect" to control the width and the height of your
    plot using the vpWidthF and vpHeightF examples.

    You can see an example at:

       http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/resize.shtml

    Look at example #3 in particular.

    The "mpShapeMode" resource is documented at:

       http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ref/hlu/obj/MapPlot.res.html#mpShapeMode

    --Mary