new version of NCL

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 09:17:34 MST

    Dear NCL users,

    I'm pleased to announce a new minor release of NCL (4.2.0.a027) that
    fixes a memory bug I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. This memory bug
    would cause a core dump or an unexpected "variable not defined" error
    message if you had large scripts, big do loops, or were creating a lot
    of new and/or big variables. Some new functions have been added to
    this version as well.

    For more details and documentation about what's new in 4.2.0.a027, go
    to:

       http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/whatsnew.html

    To download this new version, go to:

       http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/download.html

    I'm still in the process of creating binaries for this new version,
    but I currently have binaries for Solaris, IRIX, AIX, and RedHat
    Linux.

    Send me email if you have any questions or problems with this new
    version.

    Happy holidays,

    Mary Haley
    haley@ucar.edu