Header lines in ascii input files

From: David Reusch (dbr AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 01:23:13 MST

I have an ascii input file that may have a single header
line at the beginning that I would like to discard before
reading the rest of the file into a single variable.
I suspect this falls under "Currently, support for binary
or ASCII files containing more than one array is not
officially supported" as found in the online NCL data
types overview -- but I thought I should check to be sure.
I have a means to get around this (by creating a copy of
the file without the header) but it would be much nicer
to deal with it in NCL somehow.

thanks,
dave reusch