problems installing NCL

From: Amit Kulkarni (amitkulz AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 12:20:03 MST

barebones Redhat 8.0 dual boot with Windows 2000.

problem we get is when we untar the tar file to /usr/local as
recommended here

http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/installncl.html

we noticed that the dir "ncarg" is located under /usr/local/lib. we had
to mv the /usr/local/lib dir under this /usr/local/bin location to
finally get a hierarchy of /usr/local/bin/lib/ncargs. And then VIOLA!
NCL works..

cd /usr/local
mv lib bin/lib

This has to be done so that the RGB colormaps warning goes away. Can
the tar itself be changed to do it the right way? I hope that this
makes sense.

Thanks
Amit
LSU Geography