new version of NCL available

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 08:52:28 MST

    Dear NCL users,

    A new version (4.2.0.a028) of NCL has been released that contains
    quite a bit of new functionality and some bug fixes.

    You can download this new version from:

       http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/download.html

    Please note that we don't have all the pre-compiled binaries ready for
    the new version. I will put them up as they become available.

    A highlight of what's new/changed includes:

       Changes and new capabilities in GRIB reader
       Sending output to a PDF file
       Writing true scalars to an HDF or netCDF file
       Performance enhancement for array variable initialization
             and assignment
       Eight new functions
       Several updated functions
       Important bug fixes

    For further details and documentation, go to:

       http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/whatsnew.html

    If you have any questions/problems, feel free to contact me.

    Cheers,

    Mary Haley
    NCL Project Coordinator
    Address: Visualization and Enabling Technologies/Scientific Computing Division
             P.O. Box 3000
             Boulder, Colorado 80307
             USA
    Email: haley@ucar.edu