Re: finer font control

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 13:19:46 MDT

    > On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 08:44:50AM -0600, Mary Haley wrote:
    > >If you want to keep the two font heights separate, I would
    > >suggest *not* using gsn*String to label the top of the plot,
    > >but rather use the gsn_text_ndc procedure. This way, you can
    > >control the font heights of your titles separate from
    > >your lat/lon labels.
    >
    > I think that's probably *too* much control since I have up
    > to 15 plots per page and would have to calculate the NDC
    > coords for each individual title (right?). Given the lack
    > of data on where the subpanels are located on the page at
    > the time I need to be adding the title, I can't see anything
    > but a laborious trial & error session trying to get the titles
    > located properly. I'd much rather wait for the new feature :)
    > (and would be happy to beta test it on OS X...)

    I will try to add a mechanism soon for controlling the font heights of
    the gsn*String resources, and I'll give you a new "gsn_csm.ncl" script
    file to try.

    > I suppose I could add with gsn*String, query coords, delete
    > the string, and then add with gsn_text_ndc but...that sure
    > sounds awkward (not to mention is it even possible...).

    You're right, it is awkward. I wasn't sure if you were titling every
    plot, or just the top one, so that's why I suggested gsn_text_ndc.

    > Here's hoping there's an easier way.
    > cheers,
    > dave

    I'll see what I can do. :-)