Re: polar map labels

From: Adam Phillips (asphilli AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 09:35:23 MDT

    >I'm probably missing something obvious but I wasn't able
    >to find a resource that controls presence/absence of the
    >longitude labels on a gsn_csm_contour_map. I'd like to
    >turn them off for clarity of presentation.
    >
    >I have the current release of NCL.
    >
    >thanks,
    >dave

    Hi Dave,

    Try setting this resource:

    res@gsnTickMarksOn = False

    Polar longitude labels are handled a little differently than labels on a CE
    plot, because there is no X Bottom/Top, Y Bottom/Top. And thus, tmYLLabelsOn,
    tmXBLabelsOn, etc. cannot be used. So Mary came up with a gsn resource to set
    the longitude labels for a polar stereographic plot (although the resource works
    for other plots as well)...

    Adam