Re: Time series constant value is incorrect...

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 13:47:15 MDT

    > I'm using a simple NCL script (supplied by someone else) that makes a few plots
    > of simple time series of data.
    >
    > For one field, the values for all times is a constant, not zero, but NCL com-
    > plains
    >
    > "warning:TransInitialize: Zero Y coordinate span: defaulting:[errno=1104]"
    >
    > and the Y-axis values range from 0. to 1., which is incorrect.
    >
    > How can I fix this so the plot is correct? It's very misleading!

    Hi Gary,

    I don't think you can get rid of the warning message, but if you set
    the trYMinF and trYMaxF resources to the limits that you want the Y
    axis to have, then you should see your constant line. So, for
    example, if your constant line is at Y=100., then you could set
    trYMinF to something < 100, like 95, and trYMaxF to something > 100,
    like 105.

    Using a GSUN interface, it would look something like:

        res@trYMinF = 95.
        res@trYMaxF = 105.

        xy = gsn_xy(wks,...,res)

    Using straight NCL: