Re: Closing GRIB file?

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 12:05:17 MDT

    >I can open a GRIB file using addfile.
    >Is there a way to close the file and delete all related objects?

      f = addfile ("foo.grb", "r")

      delete (f)

    This will result in the reference to the file being deleted and
    all the file attributes (if any) associated with f.

    Not sure what you mean by "all related objects". If you mean
    variables read from the file referenced by "f" then u must
    delete each variable. NCL does not keep track of the original
    source of each variable in memory.