panel compression

From: Hauss Reinbold (reinbold AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 16:13:36 MDT

Hey anyone,

I'm using gsn_csm_xy to generate some time series statistics. I'm using
resources vpHeightF and vpWidthF to make the X-axis longer than the
Y-axis (so as to make the plots more readable). I do this for nine plots
and then I panel them vertically using
gsn_panel. I only label the top x-axis of the first plot and the bottom
X-axis
of the last plot and all plots have tmXMajorGrid and rmXMinorGrid set to
true. Unfortunately, even with gsnPanelYWhiteSpacePercent = 0 there still
seems to be an unfortunate amount of white space between plots. I want
them to be almost touching, but not quite (so that it will be easy to
follow the grid lines from plot to plot). I don't want them actually
touching so the attachplots function isn't really what I'm looking for. I
suspect the problem comes from my fooling with the viewport aspect ratio
which leaves white space at the top and bottom of the graph which remains
when it is put in panel form.

So my questions are these:

Is there a better way to change the aspect ratio than the vp resources?

Is there a way to turn tmXBOn and tmXTOn to False and still get gridlines
(I suppose I could just draw polylines, if I need to)?

Is there a way to get rid of excess white space at the top and bottom of a
graph?

Any other panel methods that might work for me?

Thanks for your time

-----
Hauss Reinbold
Master's Student, University of Reno, DRI, CEFA
http://www.cefa.dri.edu/