Re: interplate data

From: murphys AT XXXXXX
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 09:58:45 MDT

    first i suggest that you subsample your global data in the
    area of the region you are interested in since data outside
    of this area would not be used in an interpolation.

    since you have regional data, you can not use any of the
    spherical harmonic based interpolation routines. That
    leave natgrid which does natural neighbor interpolation,
    dsgrid which does inverse distance weighted averaging,
    and linint2 which uses bilinear interpolation.

    an example of the latter and a link to other regridders is at:
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/Data_P/regrid.shtml

    there is an example of outputting netCDF as well as other
    NCL IO topics at:

    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/FH/io_ex.shtml

    Sylvia Murphy
    Climate and Global Dynamics Division