Re: controlling High/Low labels

From: Dave Brown (dbrown AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 18:47:05 MDT

    Actually I believe there is a way to do this, using the low level control
    resource cnConpackParams. See

    http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ref/hlu/obj/ContourPlot.res.html#cnConpackParams

    Basically you would set the LLU parameters HLX and HLY (High/Low Search
    Radius in X and Y) to sufficiently large numbers that the whole scalar
    field is included in a single search for highs and lows. The
    cnConpackParams doc includes a link to the LLU descriptions of these
    parameters. But basically I have found (in a very cursory test) that if
    I set these parameters to values larger than the dimension sizes of my
    data, I get the desired single high and low.

    Here is the incantation you need using the straight NCL interface,
    assuming you have created a ContourPlot object named "contour":

    setvalues contour
    "cnConpackParams" : (/ "HLX:1000","HLY:1000"/)
    end setvalues
     -dave