Re: line style suggestion

From: Paul Nutter (pnutter AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 15:09:03 MDT

    Very Nice! This does exactly what I wanted for a specific contour line
    (highlight a closed area without filling it):

    res@cnConpackParams = (/"HCF:-2","HCL:0.015"/)

    Thanks,
    Paul Nutter

    Dave Brown wrote:
    > NCL provides access to the Conpack hachuring control parameters via
    > the cnConpackParams resource. See
    >
    > http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ref/hlu/obj/ContourPlot.res.html#cnConpackParams
    >
    > -dave
    >

    > On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Dave Kennison wrote:
    >

    >>Paul,
    >>

    >>>It could be useful to have a contour line style that has cross-ticks
    >>>pointing up or down the local field gradient, i.e.:
    >>>
    >>> -| |-
    >>>low values -| middle values |- high values
    >>> -| |-
    >>>
    >>>Such a line style could be used to indicate intersections with the
    >>>ground, or to outline regions of missing values, or to simplify plots
    >>>where you only want to draw a few contour lines.
    >>
    >>CONPACK has a "hachuring" capability. I don't know how much of this
    >>is accessible from NCL or if it can be used in quite the way that you
    >>wish, but the basic logic is there in the underlying code ...
    >>
    >>Dave Kennison

      Dr. Paul A. Nutter
      University of Oklahoma, CIMMS
      100 E. Boyd St. Rm 1110, Norman, OK 73019
      pnutter@ou.edu, (405) 325-1855