Re: shared objects in MAC OS X

From: Takeshi Enomoto (eno AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 18:33:41 MST

    On 2004/01/03, at 7:12, K Smith wrote:

    > Which options do I use with the "ld" command to produce a dynamic
    > shared
    > object module in MAC OS X?

    There is a distinction between shared libraries and loadable modules in
    Mac OS X.
    Here we'd like to create loadable modules.

    -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress

    Please refer to man pages and documents from Apple (such as UNIX
    porting guide) for details.

    Here is a sequence of commands I used to create a trivial loadable
    module.

    $ wrapit77 < addtwo.wib > addtwo_W.c
    $ cc -I${NCARG_ROOT}/include -fno-common addtwo_W.c -c
    $ g77 -I${NCARG_ROOT}/include -fno-common addtwo.f -c
    $ cc -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -o addtwo.so
    addtwo_W.o addtwo.o

    Hope this helps.

    -----
    Dr. Takeshi Enomoto
    eno@jamstec.go.jp
    Frontier Research System for Global Change