Note about NCL Linux binaries

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 14:28:24 MST

    Ncl users,

    With the new version of NCL, the only RedHat linux binary I put out
    there was for RedHat version 9. This binary will not work on older
    versions of RedHat, unfortunately, because of incompatibilities in the
    GNU compiler. You can check your version of RedHat by looking at the
    file "/etc/redhat-release". (If anybody knows of a way to get "uname"
    to report this version number, I'd be interested in hearing it.)

    I also provided a version of NCL for Debian yesterday afternoon, for
    those of you not running RedHat.

    One of our developers is still running RedHat 7.x, so I'm going to
    look into using his machine for building a RedHat 7 NCL binary.

    I'll provide more information here if I get such a version built.

    Cheers,