Re: 2 NCL Qs

From: Adam Phillips (asphilli AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 10:22:48 MST

    >2. Is there any way of retrieving the name of a script from within the
    >same script so that the filename can be plotted on maps using DJS's time
    >stamp function? I'm able to do so from the c-shell, using history but
    >not from within NCL itself.

    Hi Maurice,
    I asked the same question about a year ago, and Mary Haley (+Dave Brown I
    believe) came up with a way to do it. They developed a function called
    get_script_name, and then I slightly modified it to fit my needs. I copied
    Dennis' time stamp fxn over and modified it, so that instead of the user passing
    in the name of the script, the time stamp function called get_script_name.

    Anyway, I will attach the script in a seperate email to you. If any other
    ncl-talk users would like the get_script_name function, let me know...

    Adam