errors in panelled bar plots

From: David B. Reusch (dbr AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 07:07:45 MST

I have recently discovered a problem with color usage
in a multi-panel figure of bar plots. The output and
related files are attached. If you look at the ps
file, you'll see that the rightmost 2 or 3 (of 7) bars
in each plot are not always the same color. The left
side ones seem to be ok. I've experimented a little
with the color set but didn't have time to draw any
definitive conclusions.

This was originally run on a Mac with OS 10.2 and ncl
a031. I just upgraded to 10.3 and the problem remains.
I can fairly easily try it on a Sun, too, if that would
help debug.

I used this figure in a talk last week but had to go
through fixing the bars in Illustrator first -- not
something I want to make a habit of!

thanks,
dave

Department of Geosciences