Re: some problem when linking ncl with fortran

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 09:15:00 MST

    >hi!
    >my problem is that i find if in my fortran programm there is the dimensio form
    such as "mm(0:3)",it fail to pass when linking with NCL. but if the form
    become "mm(1:4)",it passed.why???
    > thank you !

    The parser used by NCL to analyze the fortran arguments
    is not totally up to the f77 standard. Actually, I am
    surprised that it accepts "mm(1:4)".

    To avoid changing your original subroutine, you could
    provide a simple wrapper. The following is a outine.
    There would be other arguments, of course.

    C NCLFORTSTART
          subroutine foofoo (m,lm) ! lm=4
          integer lm, m(lm)
    C NCLEND