Re: Re: Request for info/survey: Linux distributions

From: Louis Wicker (Louis.Wicker AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 12:39:27 MST

Rick:

NOAA computer security policy requires us to remain with a fully
supported and patched operating system. At NSSL (as probably other
places)
all of our Linux boxes are now running Redhat WS3. The good news is
that since we are paying for that version, that OS version will remain
on many systems for 3-5 years - we get platform stability.

So NCL on the RedHat WorkStation will be needed.

Lou Wicker

----

----