Re: Large Size netcdf file problem

From: Rick Grubin (grubin AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 13:13:41 MDT

    ncl-talk readers and contributors,

    Earlier today I wrote the following with regard to large file support and
    the NCO, NCL and Unix/Linux:

    > Note that, for the NCO and NCL to work with files greater than 2 GB in
    > size [...] you'll need 64-bit hardware and an operating system that
    > supports such hardware.

    In the case of Linux kernels, large file support does exist for 32-bit
    hardware platforms. Please check with your particular vendor to verify if
    your Linux distribution/installation supports large files. My apologies
    for any confusion.

    -Rick.

    --
    Rick Grubin                     Visualization + Enabling Technologies
    Scientific Computing Division   National Center for Atmospheric Research