Pres/Height vs Time

From: Chad Bahrmann (cbahrmann AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 21:04:29 MDT

I am currently using gsn_csm_pres_hgt to contour cloud water mixing ratio from 100mb to 500 mb see below.

map1 = gsn_csm_pres_hgt (wks,temp_new({1000:500},:),res)

Which is producing excellent results.

However, I would like to overplot wind barbs over this plot but I am having difficulty understanding how to do this with
gsn_csm_pres_hgt_vector
Is this the correct routine or should I be using something else.

>From what I gather from the examples for gsn_csm_pres_hgt_vector it is to be used as a Pres vs Lat or Lon but I would like Pres vs Time

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chad Bahrmann