isfilepresent and NCL-DODS question

From: Maurice McHugh (mmchug4 AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 09:48:05 MDT

    Hi Folks-

    I was attempting to use "isfilepresent" on a remotely located file which
    I was attempting to read using dods-enabled NCL. It always returns as
    "False" - presumably because "isfilepresent" can only work on local
    files.

    Can anyone suggest a method of determining if a remotely-located file is
    present and accessible from within NCL?

    Many thanks,

    Maurice

    --
    Maurice McHugh, Ph.D.

    mmchug4@lsu.edu

    Assistant Professor Ph: (225)578-0476 Department of Geography and Anthropology Fax: (225)578-4420 Louisiana State University