Lambert conformal and lat/long grid

From: David B. Reusch (dbr AT geosc.psu.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 06:29:22 MDT

Hello,

I am seeing two things I don't like when using the
LambertEqualArea projection but I'm not sure if it's
a bug or as designed (at least for now). First, I
get warning messages about "not a valid resource
in s1a_c_contour.PlotManager" (s1a_c is the name of
my script) for tmXBBorderOn, tmXBOn, tmXTBorderOn,
tmXTOn, tmYLBorderOn, tmYLOn, tmYRBorderOn and tmYROn.
Second, and perhaps related to the first, I don't
get a lat/long grid. What I'd like is to get rid of
the warnings and have a grid.

I'm using gsn_csm_contour_map in these plots to get
a contoured plot of data in the N Atlantic. I've
tried turning off gsnTickMarksOn and mpGridAndLimbOn
with no effect. I have gsnMaskLambertConformal on
but changing to False gives the same warnings. and
I have a call to ZeroNegDashLineContour but, again,
whether that's there or not doesn't matter.

I've also noticed that the Lambert examples don't have
a lat/long grid either so I'm wondering if what I'm
seeing is to be expected? Even so, I'd rather not see
all the warning messages (I'm doing 30 plots on 2 pages
per run which leads to LOTS of messages!). If I *am*
supposed to be able to see the grid, then I'd like to
know what I'm missing (this is my first experience with
this projection; I've been using polar stereographic
until now).

I'm running v4.2.0.a031 on OS 10.3.4 and am happy to
share the full script and data with anyone interested
in debugging (if that's needed).

thanks,
Dave Reusch