getFillValue() error for PopRemap on dave

From: Kara Sterling (ftkas2 AT uaf.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 12:43:30 MDT

    I am trying to do a PopRemap on dave, using
    load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/popRemap.ncl.test"
    I have set the following environment variable:
    setenv NCL_POP_REMAP /fis/cgd/cseg/csm/mapping/maps
    and verified that my remap file does exsist in this
    directory...(map_gx1v3_to_T42_bilin_da_020607.nc).

     The error messege reads:
    fatal:Undefined identifier: (getFillValue) is undefined, can't continue
    fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 30 in file popto.ncl
    (where line 30 in the program is the remap=PopLatLon(T) function)

    getFillValue() is a contributed function, and load
    "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl" appears at the top
    of my program, also, getFillValue(T) works

    This leads me to believe the problem might be in popRemap.ncl.test. How
    do I make sure popRemap.ncl.test can use contributed functions? With all
    the new security measures I wonder if some files or pointers might be
    misplaced.

    Please help, I would really like to get the remap done for the new CCSM3
    ocean TEMP data.

    Has anyone successfully done a popRemap on dave recently?

    Kara