Re: Contours not filled on part of plot

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 12:04:56 MDT

    > I am trying to plot contours from a field from a CAM run.
    >
    > I have three plots on one page and the middle plot does
    > not fill some of the contours on the left hand portion of the page.
    > Does anyone know why?
    >
    > The problem is present if I set gsnAddCyclic or not.
    >
    > I do not know what would be different between the first and
    > second plot.
    >
    > Thanks for the clues.
    >
    > Andrew Conley

    Andrew and others,

    We've seen this kind of problem before, and it's one of those cases
    where if you tweak something that causes the plots to be a slightly
    different size, then you might notice the contours appear again. Also,
    in this case, if you set the "mpCenterLonF" resource to 180, the
    contours will reappear.

    This problem doesn't seem to happen very often, but it's annoying
    when it does! We are looking into it, and if a fix is possible,
    we'll release a new version of NCL and announce it here.

    Cheers,