Fedora Core 2 and fatal syntax error

From: Gil Lizcano (gil AT cres.gr)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 05:25:50 MDT

Hello,

Since I moved to FDC2 and Suse9.1, I came across some
problems loading the $NCL_DEF_SCRIPTS_DIR scripts. NCL reported
a lot of fatal syntax errors like:

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 744 in file /usr/local/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/skewt_func.ncl before or near \n

There were some posts regardings malfunctioning on FDC2 (including mine).

I added more "undef functions" to the scripts and now it seems to work
properly. I am not pretty sure about the meaning of these change and if this is an elegant solutions.

Regards

Gil