Re: loop optimization

From: Axel Seifert (seifert AT ucar.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 10:46:26 MDT

    Dennis:

    Thanks for your comments on the optimization of that loop.

    Since the one-dimensional version of triple2grid did not match my
    problem, I have already written a small fortran shared object which does
    a much better job compared to the IDL loop.
    But, to be honest, it is really surprising to me that this simple
    problem has no better solution in NCL than using a piece of external
    fortran code.

    Axel