Re: plotting vertical sections in sigma/eta coordinates

From: David Brown (dbrown AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 15:52:49 MDT

Hi Jim,

I have been working creating an example of the type of plot you are
looking for and am attaching a preliminary image.
It has the cell boundaries outlines and line contours superimposed. The
vertical coordinates are Pa / 10000 and the
time units are days. Some of these features are relatively new in NCL
and I have encountered a few problems with this
particular type of plot that I am in the process of fixing. I will be
checking in fixes soon.

By the way, in reference to your pyngl-talk question, all the
coordinate-handling features of NCL are available in Pyngl.
There are a number of examples of plots with 2D coordinates on the CCSM
viz support site:
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/index_bycat.shtml

See the POP grid stuff or most like what you are asking for here is the
2D vertical coordinate example:
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/2Dvertcoord.shtml
  -dave