mapping capabilities

From: David B. Reusch (dbr AT geosc.psu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 10:56:39 MDT

Hello,

I've attached a JPEG of a mapping domain that I am
wondering whether it's within NCL's abilities to render.
In words, there's a full circle over the pole and two
partial annuli adjacent and covering areas moving towards
the equator. The goal is to cover the polar region, a
sub-polar region and a temperate region. I want to use
different longitude boundaries for the non-polar regions to
focus on the areas of interest to the study. All I know
for sure is that NCL can do a single slice in Lambert
Conformal or a full polar with polar stereographic.
I'm guessing this "ideal scenario" I have in mind is
too complex (and may not be possible in *any* readily
available software...) but I thought I'd throw this out
to the experts for their opinions.

thanks for your time,
Dave Reusch

Department of Geosciences